Psycho-Analyzing Relationships

A Yahoo Messenger conversation a little while ago:

  • *friend*:I'm...working on a new article...

  • *friend*: Why do you think guys physically hurt their girlfriends?

  • *friend*: Do you think there are some instances when it is justified? Why or why not?

  • ...

  • *selfshift*: I think guys who hurt their girlfriends have the ff characteristics: (1) in general, they lack sensitivity of other people's feeling; (2) they have lots of anger (not necessarily about their girlfriends) that explodes to violence to their loved ones; (3) they compensate for their inner lack of power through domination; and (4) they have girlfriends that permitted themselves to be hurt again and again due to some reason, like maybe feelings of unworthiness. These instances are never justified unless the girlfriend is an enthusiastic and willing boxing/martial arts sparring partner. *lol*

  • ...

  • *friend*: ... what do you think of the "practice" of girls slapping their boyfriend in the face?

  • *selfshift*: ah, I wouldn't know. I'm tall for any girl to easily slap me. Maybe it's their way of shaking the gelatinous head of their boy friend to put some sense into it or, in an opposite manner, to put chaos in an otherwise intelligent mind so that the boyfriend will comply with her wishes. *lol* Still, it's an explosive act that results from basically similar reasons as those guys that physically hurt girls.



Just posted it, cause it's a good marker of my views -- good for self-knowledge since I wrote what immediately popped into my mind. I wouldn't defend it for the world, though. I'd like to consider my views ... malleable to experience.