Nature Meditation

Nature Meditation



I am sitting near a tree
in a pool of short green grass,
basking under the soft sun
and cooled by the gentle breeze
that blows kisses on my face,
ruffles my hair in its laughter,
and whispers sweet nothings.

I gently close my eyes,
feeling the comfort
of Darkness's embrace.

My mind empties,
my heart lets go.
I soar into the cosmos,
beholding the simplicity
of only Light and Dark.

Silent for some time,
I find myself alone
in plain existence
and no desires.

In my All and None,
I mused at my Being
and became aware
of a conscious dream...

...and saw there Light
in Darkness's embrace
in a sea of creation
where I feel the breeze
blowing kisses on my face
in a pool of short green grass,
and Me, sitting near a tree...

...where I gently open my eyes.



by Selfshift
October 31, 2003