Officially Launched

When N~ recommended that I start blogging, I immediately said yes. I mean, except for the difficulty in writing, posting will be a simple upload, right?

Wrong! If you're like me anyways. Oh, and btw, N~ asked me to blog on the start of June. It's middle of July now, when I got this blog all set-up and "finalized".

Yup, it took me thaaat long to start this blog. And you'll soon find out why.

When I realized that I can actually edit the whole template, I had visions of a grand backdrop filled with reminders of stuffs I like. It turned out that I'd have to study CSS if I want to do that. Frustrated, I relented by changing the header image only instead of changing the whole backdrop. But trying to understand the default template was excruciating for a novice like me. Add to that my desire to change the background colors. Then trying to find the right combinations.

Whoa! Blogging was becoming much harder at that point. But still, I did not end my hardships there.

When I figured I could add images to my posts, I said, wow! That was a real plus, especially if I can place the images within the body of my blog posts. I had to sign in and understand how flickr.com works just so I could upload my images there.

I figured I could also use emoticons, but where to get them? That question lead to some emoticons-hunting on the net. Then, I had to tweak the html portion of my post, since the default property is to put images in a box, with paddings and borders.

Add to these the real nitty gritty for blog starters, which is profile creation. I had to really think of who I am and what I like to do. The About Me box didn't pop out of nowhere.

During all this time, I actually have some articles to post, but now I found myself delaying my uploads. I was consummed by a desire to create a blog that's more than just a coagulation of letters.

And to think some of my efforts have been wasted. Recently, Blogger made some adjustments to Blogger images. You can now place images (or links to them) and have them word wrap to your page. But before I knew of this Blogger update, I was again browsing through a CSS tutorial trying to understand how word wrapping works! What a waste of time. Grrr...

I know, I know. I've made simple blogging a bit of a nightmare. But you can't blame a techy-wannabe like me, who only wants to try and understand what Blogger has to offer.

Oh well, I guess I have to concentrate more on writing now, with my blog "officially launched." (Earlier posts were in edit mode until the date in this post, July 10.) No more wasting my time trying to find out how Blogger works.

Hmmm...wait, what's this thing about RSS feeds? What's RSS?

Here I go again!


Note: Special thanks to J~ for helping me find a tutorial for CSS :)